First International Festival for Children’s Theatre
„Igor Madzirov“ Skopje, R. N. Macedonia
30. September – 04. October, 2022
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS:
International Festival for Children’s Theatre „Igor Madzirov“ is announcing an open call for participation in the competitive programme of its first festival edition which is going to be held 30. September – 4. October 2022, in Skopje, R. North Macedonia.
The host of the festival is a National Institution „Theater for Children and Youth“ - Skopje.
The festival aims to cover a wide range of different theatre forms such as puppet, shadow, dance, backlight, physical, musical, dance theatre etc. created by professional theatre production for children and youth.
The call for applications will be open until May 10, 2022.
Application form can be found here:
NOTICE: Applications received beyond the stated deadline and incomplete applications will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete application form
- Full recording of the play (attached to the online form as a link from wetransfer, sendspace or other)short promo video of the performance (max 10-15 min)
- Short promo video of the performance (up to 3 minutes, attached to the online form as a link from wetransfer, sendspace or other)
- Five (5) horizontal photographs of the performance (13x18 cm, 300 dpi, or 1500 x 2100 pixels)
- Short summary of the performance in English (up to 900 characters, online form)
- Cast and production team list (full names)
- Short text about the theatre production (up to 900 characters, online form)
- Technical rider
- Theatre company logo
Submitted materials will be kept in festival archives and will not be returned.
The basic criteria for the selection of performances is their artistic quality. The quality of the performances applied for competitive programme will be judged by the Selector and Art Council of the festival.
Selection results will be published on June 5, 2022, at the latest, on the official web site of the festival www.puppet.com.mk.
Individual notifications will be sent only to those theatres/participants whose performance is chosen to be presented within competitive programme.
The following awards are given to productions selected for the competitive programme:
- GRAN PRIX for the best theater show
- AWARD FOR THE BEST THEATER DIRECTOR
- AWARD FOR THE BEST FEMALE ACTRESS
- AWARD FOR THE BEST MALE ACTOR
- AWARD FOR THE SCENIC DESIGN
- AWARD FOR THE COSTUME DESIGN
- THE EXPERT JURY OF THE COMMISSION HAS THE RIGHT TO AWARD SPECIAL PRIZES
The awards will be decided by three-member international jury.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- Costs of travel to and from Skopje are the responsibility of the participants
- The festival organization covers costs of local transport
- The Festival organization covers the cost of accommodation and food for three festival days
- The Festival organization Committee provides technical support
If you need additional information, please contact the Festival office at:
+389 2 3116 185
Katarina Ilievska - Siljanovska
Director of "Theater for Children and Youth" - Skopje